Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Remember Me?

Yep, as usual, I haven't blogged in a WHILE, almost a month and that was just a survey, the one before that, Boston's birthday letter, so it's been since my Valentine's post!  We've had a lot going on, but it's been a lot of the same thing, so not TOO much to catch you up on {I hope!}

To start - here's an updated picture of my Valentine's present from DJ . . . birthstone rings.


We have finished up basketball & indoor soccer.  Both kids received medals for participating in basketball and it was funny because the kids & I came downstairs and saw a medal sitting on the counter, I said, "wonder who's this is" (I really didn't know) Madi said, "uh, it's probably Boston's, we only won one game!" Come to find out, it was hers, her coach had brought it into Willie's for her, when she found that out she said, "Oh, well, everyone must have gotten one then" She still loved getting to add another medal to her collection!  Boston wanted to know where the heck his medal was then!  We went to the Y and his coach had his - he wore it the rest of the day!

Madi didn't play indoor soccer because she is taking jazz class on Monday's & ballet on Wednesday's.  We were supposed to add piano lessons in there too, but we still haven't had the piano tuned, so that will have to be at a later date.  Boston's team didn't place first during indoor soccer but that doesn't mean that he didn't try more than most of the players on his team ... combined!  He just doesn't understand why these kids are just standing around talking and playing with each other when they should be paying attention to the game!  I told him that he is about the 10% that actually cares about playing and wants to win, the other 90% of kids his age that are playing are doing so because their parents wanted them to play or because it's something to do.  Not this kid, he is there to WIN...period.

We started outdoor soccer a few weeks ago.  The first two weeks of practices and first games were cancelled due to rain.  Boston did NOT like that, he just didn't get it.  He was especially mad when his game was cancelled and I told him we were going to go to Carter's game in St. Joe, "OH, so MY game is cancelled but CARTER gets to play?"  They finally were able to have practice last week & a game.  Both teams won & both Madi & Boston got goals!

We went to see the Harlem Ambassadors at the high school with Jenn & Carter.  The kids thought it was pretty cool.  The Ambassadors played against Atchison residents.  The best was a girl who was under 5 feet - she was amazing!

Boston was a sweaty mess because we came straight from his soccer game!

DJ & Boston went to Lawrence for the kindergarten field trip to the Natural History Museum, the night before the field trip he wanted me to pack his lunch.  The following were his requests:
PB&J, sausage, cheese & crackers, TWO pickles, an apple, a fruit roll up and a root beer.  I'm pretty sure the lil fella didn't go hungry that day!!  While in Lawrence his dad let him do the UNTHINKABLE - he let him buy a KU basketball - WHAT?!  What are you teaching this kid?  DJ said it was OK because Boston spent his own birthday money on it - NO. IT'S NOT OK. ;)  They did come home with a Royals shirt for me, I think that was to smooth things over with the basketball.

We went to a wedding we thought would never happen . . . Just kidding Uncle Ricco.  Tony was the best man in our wedding and lived with us until a couple years before we moved to Atchison.  I'm so happy that Tony found Carie - we've never seen him happier!  We had a good time reminiscing about the kids and how much Tony wanted to scream at me one night when Boston wouldn't stop crying (the usual) until he came into the living room to see me crying too, he said he just turned around and went back to his room.  HA!  It was a small wedding but SO much fun!  I didn't take very many pictures, a little upset about that!  Amy, why do I not have a picture of us together - I'm pretty sure I posed for one of the two of us?!

One of my favorite's from the night!  Josh & DJ - so glad they got to spend some QT together!

I think we tried this picture about 10 times - this was the best of them!


with the groom

The next weekend was St. Patrick's day.  I was supposed to be work a beer garden on the patio, but we had a waitress working the patio too, so I didn't get a lot of business, well, guess I'll call it a day early and hangout!  Mammo & Papa brought the kids in, Cody & Jenn brought Carter and we hung out on the patio all night.  Cody ended up taking the kids to our house to play and Sheila, Jenn, Becky, Kelsey and I hopped on the "party bus" (The Atchison Trolley Bus) and rode out to Rosie's for a beer.  We had so much fun {one of us a little more than the rest, but that was probably the B.E.S.T. part!!}  We called it a pretty early night since the night before we had an impromptu girls night.  Here are my favorite pictures from St. Pat's weekend...

This is Taylor NOT SO Swift - Shawna on Friday night!

My minions before the parade

Becky, Sheila, Kelsey, Jenn & Me at Rosie's

Not the best lighting, but I put my Benedictine shirt on for a pic with Sheila & Jenn

Spring Break was a few weeks ago & I took off all but one day so I could do some stuff with the kids - our spring break SUCKED!  It rained (hard) every day EXCEPT the day I worked - go figure.  I wanted to go to the park, to the zoo, stuff outside of the house, but no, we were stuck inside :(

We have had INCREDIBLY nice weather and while on the way home from Carter's game a couple weeks ago we stopped by Rick & Sheila's.  When we showed up Rick was in the pool cleaning it while it was draining {all the water that was left was in the deep end}  Madi and Boston thought that was GREAT - they hopped right in and were having about as much fun in the pool without water as they do with the water in it.  They even went and put their swimsuits on.  They're nut jobs!  They had so much fun though.
  


March Madness is FINALLY over - it's always fun at the beginning, but after a while you {I} get tired of hearing squeaking shoes all day long!  Our dear Frank Martin has left us, it wasn't a huge shock to see him go, just wish he wouldn't have left.  I will miss the intensity on his face during games!!

That's about all for the wrap up - here's what we're looking forward to:

Madi's dance recital!

SUMMER!!

The minions have been invited to go to FLORIDA with Aunt Doobie & Uncle Mike and they couldn't be MORE excited!  I can't believe I'm going to send them on a plane without me!  I don't think I'll be dropping them off at the airport because I would probably cry the entire drive back home.  I'm excited for them to go and can't wait to see all the pictures - THERE BETTER BE PICTURES DOODOO!

While they're in Florida soaking up the sun, Casey Lee & I will be heading to tropical Hanover, KS for Days of 49! (ok, so maybe not so tropical, but we're gonna make it work)

All girls annual Camp Chickiwa float trip!  So excited for this - can it please be June yet?!

Family vacay to Chicago - this is still in the works and hopefully we can nail down some specific dates!

Float trip with friends - DJ & I haven't floated together since the infamous "chuggable" incident, so this should be a blast!!

We have a lot to look forward to, so let's get this school stuff out of the way and get to it!!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment