Monday, April 16, 2012

Stomach Issues . . .

This story happened about a week & a half ago . . .  Here's a little bit of build up to the actual incident . . .

I usually work until 5 on Wednesdays and DJ gets the kids from school on his break from work - he usually works Wednesday nights.  This Wednesday he sends me a text while I'm at work:

DJ:  You wanna work for me tonight and I'll watch the kids and get the snacks?
--Class parties were the next day
ME: I suppose
DJ:  You don't have to.  I was just offering.
**OFFERING for me to work for him - he's SO generous LOL**
ME:  Do I get to sleep in tomorrow?
--We both get up in the mornings, me to get the kids ready & him to get ready for work, only on his days off, he doesn't get up - he SLEEPS THROUGH me getting the kids ready
DJ:  Check yes or no
ME:  Do I get to sleep in?
DJ:  Yes.
ME:  So you're going to get them ready & everything?
--I just felt the need to be specific because sometimes when he lets me "sleep in" the kids still come and ask me for this or that, so I just wanted to make sure he was going to take care of everything... I wanted to take full advantage of this sleeping in deal!
DJ:  Yes.
ME:  OK, sign me up.

I came home from work that night all excited about sleeping in, I knew I wouldn't sleep long, but hey, 8-9 is sleeping in and would be nice.  About 8:30 my phone rang, I just turned it off without looking and went back to sleep, a few minutes later my text goes off (a couple times), so I figured I probably should look at what it was, if they were calling and texting it must be something.  I had missed a call from a mom in Boston's class - class parties were that day, so I just thought I probably needed to bring something else, no big deal, then I read my texts.  One wasn't of any high priority, but the second was from Heather:

HC:  I just saw Boston and Madi at school and they were both upset, I asked if they were ok but they didn't want to talk, not sure if u wanna call and check on them.


ME:  Everything ok with the kids this morning?
DJ:  Perfect.  Momma Madi took over.  They had cereal and daylight donuts.
ME:  Heather Chatman just called & texted me.  She saw them and both seemed upset, she asked them if they were ok, but didn't want to talk to her about it.
DJ:  You want me to go to the school?
ME:  No, just curious if there was something you knew about.
DJ:  They were both in terrific moods when they got out of the car.  I told them we would be there for the parties and they told me I was going to his and Madi laughed and said good luck with that one dad!


ME:  DJ was "in charge" this morning & he said everything went perfect, they even had time for daylight donuts.  Were they crying?
HC:  Yeah both of them were standing outside of the office & then they started walking around and then Boston finally went into the nurse's office.

I call the school, after explaining everything the secretary tells me that she got there by 8 and hadn't seen either one of my kids outside of the office so I ask if maybe they were in the nurse's office (it's attached to the office) she says no, but let's me talk to the nurse.  Come to find out BOTH of my kids went to the nurse's office.  Madi had an upset stomach and laid down for a while before deciding to return to class.  Boston thought he had a "bowel movement" in his pants and was pretty upset about it.  She had him all set to change his underwear and when he came out of the bathroom he said "false alarm"

ME:  So weird, DJ said everything went great this morning.  See if I ever ask to sleep in again!!
--I explained what happened to Heather and told her "thank you" for letting me know about the kids
HC:  LOL kids are great, no problem!

Needless to say when I called the school I was really concerned with what could possibly be wrong that BOTH of my kids would be crying and by then end of the conversation I was laughing just picturing Boston walk out of the bathroom saying "Oh, false alarm".  I could see him shrugging his shoulders and being as happy as could be heading back to class!

Never a dull moment!!

1 comment:

  1. This cracked me up! Never a dull moment in the Bruce house. Boston sure isn't shy is he? Lol!

    ReplyDelete