Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Calendar

I never thought I'd be one of those people who needed to keep a calendar, I mean, how much do you have going on in your life that you have to put it down on paper, or in my case electronically, and then set it up to remind you?  Well, the time has come, I have started a Google calendar that is linked to my phone and will notify me an hour, or whatever time frame I have decided to let me know when I have something going on.  It's not ME that has anything going on, it's my minions.  We haven't started soccer or football yet, and already this week I've needed a reminder for ballet, jazz, Community Club (PTA), early release, baseball practice, and piano lessons... ugh.  The weeks to come will add even more reminders as Boston starts his baseball games next week & they're twice a week.  Soccer and football will follow shortly after with practices once a week for each of them and games on Saturdays & Sundays.  Who let these kids sign up for all this stuff?!

Madi started dance at Darcee's in St. Joe this week.  She is taking an hour of ballet & an hour of jazz.  She came home from her first day and says she LOVES it there!  So excited that she's finally found a place she loved as much as Bates in Manhattan!!  Darcee's is ranked pretty high in the state of Missouri from what I understand, so with her wanting to compete & dance further down the road, I think we found a good fit for her... Of course, it's still the first week of classes, but she never came home from the two studios in Atchison saying I LOVE IT.

Boston is still practicing baseball twice a week and loving it.  He's not been on a team yet that has given him so much instruction.  I think he's going to be disappointed come October when his games are over.  They gave out uniforms and told them the positions they would be playing last night at practice.  He is #33 for the Cardinals and will be playing second base.  I can't wait til his first game next Wednesday.

Piano lessons start today...

1 comment:

  1. Holy smokes! Busy busy! A calendar will definitely come in handy. So glad Madi is still loving dance and I'm sure Boston is going to be an all around athlete

    ReplyDelete