Thursday, April 18, 2013

Sometimes, I Get A Good Feelin'

Today was one of those days.  I have been selling carnival tickets before & after school each day, the kids have been hanging out with me, Boston playing his iPod & Madi "helping".  I was getting everything together to leave school this morning & couldn't find Boston's iPod, the kids had just gone to the gym for morning announcements & the Pledge of Allegiance before heading to their classrooms, so I went in to make sure he didn't have it.  As I walked in they were talking about the Character Counts awards, every Friday (they don't have school tomorrow), they take all the names of kids that have been nominated for a Character Counts award and draw a name, that student wins donuts for their entire class.  I was almost to where Boston lines up with his class & they say, "Boston Bruce, come on up here!"  Boston had been nominated & won!  He also got a medal & tickets for the Harlem Ambassadors game that will be next Monday!  And I got to be there to see it!

He was nominated for helping another student tie their shoes.  The Character Counts awards are based on the six pillars of character:  Trustworthiness, Respect, Responsibility, Fairness, Caring, & Citizenship.

Just when you think you might be completely screwing them up, you get to witness something you must have been doing right!



I love you Boston Cole!  Nice work buddy!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah Bobo!!! That's so awesome! Makes your heart feel like it might explode huh?

    ReplyDelete