Thursday, August 11, 2011

Goodbye Summer ...

It's official.  Summer has ended.  School started today and it seemed to have come out of NO WHERE.  We'd been planning for this day for a couple weeks, but when I say planning, I mean, talking about it, not actually going to bed any earlier or trying to get up any earlier... whoops.  The kids did really well this morning though.  Madi slept through her alarm for 7 minutes, Boston was a little hard to wake up, but once they were up, they were pretty excited about school!  After a couple pictures on the porch, we headed to school.  All summer we teased Madi about what she will do when she sees Boston at school & every time she said things like, "I'm going to turn & look the other way" or "when he says HI to me, I'm going to ask my friends if they know who he is".  RUDE, but a little funny.  Today on the way in the building she said, "I'll take him to the gym everyday before I go see my friends."  ...we'll see how long that lasts, I say about a week, week & a half, tops, but hopefully if he asks her after that, she'll still take him!  I got to stick around to pass out "1st day cookies" to the classes.  I delivered Boston's cookies & got to see him at his table, then since I didn't deliver the 2nd graders cookies, I snuck in to take a picture of Madi.  They both seemed happy as could be to be at school (YAY!). 



Madi didn't pose for quite so many pictures :(


The kids made it home in one piece & said they actually enjoyed their first day of school!  Madi was happy because when we went to Open House she was sitting by three boys & when she got there today a change had been made and now it was 2 boys, 2 girls.  Boston was happy because there was a boy from his preschool that he knew sitting by him! They had differing opinions on lunch, Madi - GROSS, Boston - good.  Go figure, he LOVED lunch at preschool last year and it was just like school lunches.  I have a feeling tonight there will be NO PROBLEMS with bed time!

And on a side note, Boston has had a nap for the past two days & no night terrors!  I'm not sure if that has helped, but it did say that being overly tired could be a trigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment