Monday, August 1, 2011

Vacay Wrap Up

Our last day of vacation in Wisconsin was Friday and we decided to just sit back and relax . . . HAHAHA!  Yea right!  We played 9 holes of golf at a family course in the morning, where I may have had a slight lapse in judgement & let Madi drive the golf cart, she ran into a pole in the middle of the cart path!  Whoops!!  Golf is a game my dad LOVES to play.  Since his early retirement, he now works at two different golf courses.  Now, I'm not a sore loser (ok, well maybe sometimes) and I don't mind being bad at a sport, because there are PLENTY out there (most of them) that I suck at, BUT what I do mind & what is not all that fun, is swinging 7 times in a row & not hitting that little ball on the tee, and then hearing your five year old say to his father, "how many practice swings is she going to take" LOL.  I think we all had a great time golfing, poor Madi had to use Boston's clubs that were way too little for her, but she still did well & a couple of times drove the ball further than I did (embarrassing!).


The boy's cart


Can anyone tell me what is WRONG with this picture?

Boston swinging away


The kids with Grandma & Grandpa


 After lunch we hit up the pool!  The kids went down the slides, played on the climbing net (for the 100th time), they actually played tag in the little kids area while I got my tan on again and we all played water basketball!  It was girls vs boys again and I GUESS you could say the boys won, but they played dirty!  Boston was held up to dunk almost every score and Boston & DJ were trying to pull our bottoms down when we had the ball - I guess if you don't have talent, you have to use what you have ;)  Grandma & Grandpa even played for a while!




After some fun in the sun, we came in for a movie & a rest!  Then dinner & then off to the outdoor mini-golf course.  No one took their phone or camera, but I think we took enough pictures of our golfing experiences.  After golf we packed up our stuff & hit the road.  We wanted the kids to sleep in the car instead of fight the whole nine hours home, so we left about 9:30 on Friday.  We got to KC about 6am and stayed at my parents (who were just waking up in Wisconsin to make the drive home).  We slept until about 10am and then since 9 hours of driving just wasn't enough, we headed to Manhattan so DJ could do a couple hours work at Willie's.  First stop in Manhattan though was So Long Saloon mmm mmm good!  While DJ was working, we played some pool in The Pub and then went to Target to buy Boston a lunch box & backpack.  I was obviously sleep deprived while at Target because I let him get a Mario Bros backpack & lunchbox - I'm not a fan of the character shirts, bags, etc., but it was ALL he wanted & I really didn't feel like putting up a fight.  They're not terrible, I would just rather something that didn't have a character(s) plastered all over it!!  After all of about three hours in Manhattan, we headed HOME!  We were all very happy to be back home and in our own beds!  We watched a movie and went to bed!  We didn't do a whole lot yesterday either.  The kids played Wii until Mammo & Papa showed up with Shelly, David & Taylor.  The kids were so happy to see them all & apparently didn't have enough pool time (WHAT?!) that they went home with Mammo & Papa...not sure when I'll see them again. Just Kidding... sort of.

Anyway, that's our vacay.  It was a great week with Grandma & Grandpa up in the Dells!

No comments:

Post a Comment