Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Days 11, 12, 13, 14, AND 15!!

Day 11

November 11th marks a special day to be thankful!  I am incredibly thankful for all of our servicemen & women!  It is something I don't think I could ever do & I appreciate those of you who have stepped forward so that I don't have to.  It is something I am grateful for on a pretty regular basis.  I don't think there's a day that goes by that I don't think of someone that is in or was in the military.  I am also thankful for all of the family members who stay behind and patiently wait for their loved ones to come safely back to them.  I complain at times about how much DJ works and then I think about those in the military that are gone for LONG periods of time & I realize how much he could really be gone!  If he were in the military he wouldn't be at work for just 12 hours a day it would be for months at a time.  So, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to our servicemen & women and to the families who LOVE them!!






Day 12

Today I am thankful for old friends!  Tony "Uncle Ricco" came to visit with his fiance Carie.  We had a great Saturday at Willie's with the kids during the day and then just the adults at night.  I got to catch up on all things Tony & Carie.  It was nice to see our old pal so happy!  CONGRATS on their recent engagement!!

ok, so this isn't her exact ring, but same style


Day 13

Today I am thankful for beautiful days in November.  While I normally wouldn't ask for such warm weather in November (I LOVE FALL WEATHER), it was super nice to be at the Chief's game without a parka, gloves, hat & scarf! ...now bring on the hoodie weather!


Day 14

Today I am thankful for Manhattan (hee hee).  I was able to take the day off and spend it with DJ...too bad he had to go to Manhattan for work and he talked on the phone the ENTIRE way there and the ENTIRE way back, but it was nice to get a little incite as to what his day is like when he has to travel there.  While he was working I got to go shopping!  TARGET, HOBBY LOBBY, THE MALL, VARNEY'S...o how I've missed thee!


Day 15

Today I am thankful for the roof over our heads!  I am incredibly thankful for the house we live in.  We always thought about buying an old home but with DJ working so many hours it would be impossible to do the updating an older home would need, but with the home we bought, the updates were done before we moved in!  We have plenty of room, some great character and bedrooms big enough for Christmas trees (MadiGrace)  I would also like to throw in that I am o so very thankful for a washer & dryer that is IN our CLOSET! ...on the 2nd floor - booyah!

anyone that says this girl is spoiled, is just down right crazy {HA!}

1 comment:

  1. Love Madi's tree!! Looks so pretty in her room. Like the stuffed animals underneath too :) SO ready to put up our tree!!

    ReplyDelete