Sunday, November 6, 2011

It's been a while!!

OK, so I feel I should start off with another confession -  it's been since OCTOBER THIRD that I blogged and that was about Willie's turning 10, it's been since SEPTEMBER THIRTIETH since I blogged about the Bruce Fam - WHOOPS!  I'll try to catch you up on what's been going on in our crazy, hectic life!

Since the 30th, our Fall sports have finished - TWO FIRST PLACE SOCCER STARS in this house!  I'm not sure where Boston's Flag Football team finished, but he LOVED playing and can't wait to play again!  O, and kickball is finished too - I managed to get through the season with nothing broken - woo hoo!  We placed 2nd!!  I won't tell you that there were only 4 teams and 1 didn't bother to show up after we beat them their first game... We got SECOND - what an accomplishment! HA!


yes, the three amigo's got 1st place - AGAIN... Chris Taylor - coach of the year - yet again ;)


3rd season - 1st medal - he was SO PROUD!! (& I was SOOOOO happy for him!!)


this MIGHT be why we got 2nd & not 1st . . . jus sayin'
(actually, this is the ONLY game we drank before & it was the championship game... oops?!)

Madi was a supa-star as a bird in Theatre Atchison's production of Snow White!  She wasn't quite feeling herself the weekend of her performance, but hey, the show must go on. She missed her Saturday AM soccer game but made it to her Saturday PM performance.  She wasn't really feeling it, but went out there anyway.  She was pretty pumped after the show when she found out she WON free ice cream for a year from Snowball!  She sold the most amount of tickets for her cast!  Guess it pays to have a big family that loves ya ;)  She can go to Snowball once a week for the next year and get a free cone!  What more could a girl ask for...  The show was a big success with everyone!  Boston, Carter, Tessa, Molly - L.O.V.E.D. it!!  and the adults, it was about 25 minutes MAX - they loved it too!!


look at em - they LOVED it!!

birds in action

aren't they the cutest birds you've ever seen?!


One lucky grandkid got the opportunity to go to a clinic for 100 kids... problem there, only one grandkid got to be lucky, who do you choose?  Well, in this case, we chose Madi.  Boston got to go with Grandma on a "date night" to the K so now it's her turn to do something cool that Sprint was nice enough to offer to their employees.  Madi, got to go to Livestrong Arena for a soccer clinic.  Five Sporting KC players were there, she got to play with them, learn from them, check out their locker room & get autographs from them.  She LOVED it!  I was a little worried because Madi isn't the outgoing person that Boston is and thought she would kind of sit back and watch, but she got right in there with all the other kids.  She got a high five from one player & a "pound" from another.




after a HIGH 5 from Matt Besler

"pound" from Chance Myers for taking one in the chest to save the goal



OK, so in the middle of ALL this post (believe you me, I'm kicking myself for waiting SO long to blog) is one of my all-time favorite pictures!  I'm not sure exactly how I chose KSU OVER of KU, when my dad & brother are such big KU fans (ok, so I know, it was 2 hours from home & my best friend was there and KU was half an hour from home) but let's just say, I'm proud to be a WILDCAT...




October 24-28th was Red Ribbon Week at AES, I wanted to take a picture everyday, but as usual, I didn't :(  There was Hat Day, Red Day, PJ Day, Favorite Character Day (Costume Party Day) and Crazy Hair Day - I didn't pass this opportunity up though!  Madi has been waiting since LAST year to add to her Crazy Hair!  I can NOT take credit for her hair style.  WAY BACK in my day, when I was at dance camp (not band camp) we had crazy hair day and one of our girls did their hair like this, since then, that was how we did our hair on "crazy" day!  Boston was mad that we couldn't do anything with his hair, but hey, when you don't have hair, there's not a lot that can be done. BTW the score to that game was 59-21.




she thought it was AWESOME!!

For "Favorite Character Day" the kids wore their Halloween costumes to school - which were... (sad face from Mom because this is the first year in a WHILE that "they" decided they didn't want to match) TMNT Raphael and a Devil.  They were pretty damn cute, if I do say myself, just wish they were cuter "together". Madi told me "I think I just want to do something on my own".  I knew this day was coming, but I was hoping she'd be like 12, 13... is that too much to ask?!

Dorothy & LolliPop Kid
2007

Sharpay (HSM) and Golfer
2008


Roaring 20's
2009

SKO CATS!!
2010

Raphael "Boston" 2011

Devil "Madilynne" 2011


Satuday was the Halloween Parade & I had to work [poo!] I didn't WANT to work, BUT my morning duties consisted of handing out candy to all the kids that were trick or treaking down "the mall".  THAT was worth working!!  There were SO many cute kids.  Only a couple had original costumes (and who am I to judge with a TMNT & a devil) but they were ALL so darn stinkin' cute!!  I'm not sure if I've mentioned it, but I.LOVE.HALLOWEEN.  love it!!  Anyway...

I had a GREAT idea for a costume for myself (& Steph), so OF COURSE, that MUST be what I am.

my "idea" - easy enough - right?!  ... that's what I thought!!!!

After two days and a bunch of "this is how it should go, why can't we do it?!" we called in help!!  Sheila, ummmmmmmmmm, how do YOU think we can make this work?!  Finally, we got all the kinks worked out & voila . . . . . a product was produced . . .

front & back


damn straight, we worked LONG & HARD to make these things!!
(my favorite part is still the pop top head bands that took all of 5 minutes!!)


As everyone around here knows, the 29th is when the Bartlett Grain explosion happened...same night we were all dressed up.  I had no idea until the next day.  I had no idea it was such a BIG deal until later the next day.  Call me crazy, but I now live in an "agriculture" community, so I didn't know this wasn't "normal" until I saw the last grain explosion was in Hays ......10+years ago.  I didn't know.  Ignorant.  What I wasn't ignorant to was the WBC.  They decided they were coming to Atchsion to protest the funerals of those killed in the explosion because we are "a stronghold for the raping-priest-Catholic-pedophile-whorehouse".  WOW!! I'm not confused as to how the WBC work, but what I was (still am) confused with is, they say God struck those boys down because Atchison follows & protects the "raping-priest-Catholic-pedophile-whorehouse" community, ...my problem is this, I wasn't aware of such a following....  the WBC has no idea what God has in mind or else they wouldn't be protesting funerals...PERIOD.


As a spirit lifter ............. WE SOLD BLACK BEAUTY!!  I know there are those of you out there that are jealous of the new owner, but you just sit back & watch, one day, she could still be yours . . .BAHAHAHA!

More news to come . . . . .. hopefully much sooner than later!!!! (which there will be because I want to participate in "The things I'm thankful for"

Happy Fall Ya'LL
les

No comments:

Post a Comment