Sunday, December 11, 2011

Elf on the Shelf...

As with everything else, we're a little behind on getting this started!  I heard about Elf on the Shelf early this month, but all of the adoption centers were out of elves :(  I have loved seeing everyone's silly elf pictures on Facebook, but a little jealous too!  Yesterday DJ had the entire day & night off, we headed to NKC to do some shopping and let the kids go to Chuck E. Cheese.  While in KC I found an adoption center with ONE Elf left, say wha?!  Yep, that elf was coming home with us!  Later that night we went to another adoption center & there was ONE elf left, blue eyes & their was a skirt available!  Not that I wanted to spend the money on another elf, but I thought it would be good for the kids to have their own elves for later in life when they have their own kids.

DJ & I were pretty excited to start this tradition for the kids (I know it's REALLY late in the game for Madi - she just asked tonight if Santa was real, "and I want the truth- is Santa real?") but she'll I know she'll have fun finding her elf every morning!

We got home late last night, read our Elf books, named them, and headed for bed!  Five minutes later, Boston came downstairs crying... "my elf fweaks me out".  I gave him lots of hugs & told him that if he didn't want his elf to come in his room, he wouldn't, we would just have to let him know.  He seemed ok with that until he went to sleep... Bad dream!  He woke up crying, all I could get out of him was "my stuff".  I think he's worried about his elf jackin' with his stuff.  He woke up a couple times & then showed up in my bed.  He's still sleeping now {9:22am} but I'm hoping when he wakes up to see what his elf has done, he'll be ok with the elf living with us during the Christmas season.

Meet our elves, day one:

This is Barney, on his very first night he's already acting like a man!  Watching TV & eating ice cream.
This should make Boston happy because that is Madi's favorite chair (now she can't sit in it all day)
AND her mint drumstick.


This is Holly, she decided to go for a ride on one of our reindeer.

No comments:

Post a Comment