Thursday, December 1, 2011

The rest of my Thankfulness . . .

So as always, I'm behind - AGAIN.

Day 22...

Today I am yet again thankful for Willie's ...actually, I am thankful for Nick & Jake's.  A while back (years ago) DJ & I (ok, DJ) were looking for somewhere in KC that had the MLB network so we could catch a Red Sox game, his old business partner, Tyler, had told us about a place he liked to go, Nick & Jake's, they would for sure have the game.  Well, Nick & Jake's was a pretty good trek from my parent's house, where we were staying, so we called & asked, yes, they would have the Red Sox game.  When we got to Nick & Jake's they asked if we were the people who called for the game (I dunno how they knew with DJ draped in Red Sox gear HA!!), we said yes, they put the game on the biggest screen they had AND turned the volume on for us.  WOW!  What an impression they had made on us.  That was our first experience there & with the food being excellent, we've been faithful customers since!  DJ & I have always remembered that experience when people come into Willie's & whenever possible have tried to meet guests requests.

Now, tonight on the other hand was something ENTIRELY different.  Stephenie & I went to KC for some Christmas shopping, we were in North KC and I asked her if she would mind if we went to BrewTop Pub & Patio.  They were also chosen by Sysco to go to on a (pretty much all) expense paid vacay to Las Vegas at the same time we went, so I wanted to see what they were all about.  We got there, sat down, immediately greeted by a waitress, got drinks & were looking at the menu.  The KSU game was at halftime but it was on ONE of the 20 TVs they had.  I asked the bartender if it would be possible to put the game on one of the TVs that could be seen from my table, his response . . . "well, I'm about to have the KU game, MU game and the K-State game on all at the same time, so you're gonna have to work with me" . . . I was dumbfounded!  I was like "uh, um, ok" and turned around and walked back to my table.  As I asked the bartender for this "obscene" request what I can only guess was a manager was changing and getting TVs ready for the upcoming games, he had every opportunity to ask to get ONE TV changed, but I watched, and he didn't.  We asked our waitress if she would mind if we moved so we could watch the game, "no problem", we ate our meals and watched the game.  I went to the restroom & on my way back the bartender asks me "Did they get your game on for ya honey"  ....WHAT?! DID YOU ASK ANYONE TO GET MY GAME ON FOR ME HONEY?!  "uh, no they didn't".  We finished and left.  Needless to say, I won't be back.  I was so disappointed.  They had the same 2 games on all of the other TVs they had there and the MU game didn't even start until after the KSU game was OVER!

So, for today, I am thankful for a staff that takes requests straight to a manager or bartender instead of saying "uh, no" and not trying.  You never know how you're going to make that person feel - good or bad!


Day 23 -

Today I am thankful for mornings with my little guy!  Madi stayed the night last night with her friend Katy (it was her bday party & no school today!!) We hung out, watched a movie . . . and then big sis & Katy showed up at our house... I am thankful for that as well.  We all hung out in my bed.  The kids took turns playing "Guess Who" and I painted the girls' nails and then we all went to have lunch together.  Boston aka Harry went home with PaPa to help do work, Katy went home & Madi and I went home to hang out before I had to work.  It was exactly what a "break from school" day should be!



Day 24 -

Today I am thankful for TURKEY.  JK.  I am so thankful that DJ was able to go to TWO family Thanksgiving dinners with us!  A lot of times it is just me & the kids, but today (whether he liked it or not) he went with us.  We went to my mom's family Thanksgiving in KC and the kids played H.A.R.D.  I think they may have ate, but I know they played!  After that we went to Overland Park for Sheila's family Thanksgiving.  We didn't get to stay long, but we did get see everyone for a little bit.



Day 25 -

Today I am thankful for mini-reunions!  I picked up Miss Casey Lee from the airport and we headed to Olathe to see The Long family!  We got to see Sarah & Derek's new house, the kids got to play with Aiden, Pax & Harper, and we got to visit with Sarah, Amber & Amy!  It was a little late getting home, but worth the drive!  So glad we got to hang out for a while!



Day 26-

Today I am thankful for dinner's at home!!  I feel like we have been on the go non-stop lately and tonight we were able to stop and make dinner at home . . . and enjoy it!!



Day 27 -

Today I am thankful for Christmas parties!  I attended my ELEVENTH Willie's Christmas party in Manhattan.  I took Casey & Steph as my dates and we had a great time - but I'll say this - I'm not 21 anymore, pssshh, I'd settle for 25 even!!



Day 28 -

I don't even know what to be thankful for here... what a LONG day it was!!  I'm thankful for my in-laws again, Madi and Boston did NOT want to ride to KC to take Casey back to the airport and I didn't want to listen to the complain the whole way, so they called Mammo & Papa to see if they could stay with them, of course they said yes!  Little did I know, I wasn't feeling entirely sick because I was hungover - I was getting SICK ... waaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!



Day 29 -

Today I am thankful for my bed!  I was a mess at work (I tried to be around as few people as possible!!) My nose was running, I was sneezing, my head hurt, I was a mess!  I couldn't wait to crawl into my bed ... and that's exactly what I did!  AHHHHHHH!



Day 30 -

Today I am thankful for my parents & asking us to go to the KU game with them.  DJ has never been to Allen Fieldhouse & while we are devout KSU fans, I think everyone should go to a game there once.  I was happy to be going with my parents & my brother and sister-in-law, but I was not feeling well enough to be around other people.  Boston went in my place and Madi stayed home with me.  We had soup & sandwiches for dinner and chilled the rest of the night.  Boston didn't like the game :(  I really thought he was going to LOVE it, he LOVES going to BC games!  But he said it was too loud, everyone was yelling and he couldn't see.  I guess that's understandable.  When we go to BC games, he sits within the first 3 rows and knows half the players playing!  Maybe when he gets older!

Happy December everyone!

1 comment:

  1. It was great seeing you guys too! That sucks you are sick. I love stay at home days too. I had one yesterday with the kids and it REALLY is fun to do sometimes. Hope you feel better!!

    ReplyDelete