Thursday, December 15, 2011

Heavy Hearts

It is another sad day in our small town.  Today was the funeral of Sgt. David Enzbrenner.  His life was ended when a man shot him while on duty serving a nuisance violation.  It doesn't seem fair that this would happen to anyone, let alone a man who has a wife & three girls (all of which are school-aged) AND at Christmas time!  I didn't know David, his wife, or three daughters, but I couldn't help but be saddened by this tragic event.

Something like this puts the "important" things back into perspective.  I will hug my kids & husband a little bit tighter tonight and remember to count my blessings before bed.  I can't imagine the pain that Kerri & her daughters are going through right now, I just hope that David finds a way to send them comfort, especially during this Holiday season.

Life goes on for all of us, but for the Enzbrenner family a part of their life will be missing from now on.

Rest In Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment