Sunday, July 17, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

WOW!!  What a week/end!!  My birthday was on Wednesday & I feel as if we have been celebrating since then.  On Wednesday, my beautiful daughter brought me breakfast in bed, waffles, strawberries & OJ.  Boston was supposed to be in on this little gift, BUT he didn't want to get out of bed HA!  That night we celebrated with my parents & DJ's parents.  I share my birthday with my mother-in-law, so if DJ ever forgets, he's in DOUBLE TROUBLE!!  We went to Bonefish Grill, it was delish!  After dinner, the waiter brought us these desserts . . .


Thursday was the BIG celebration!  Sheila, Jodi & I wanted to celebrate on "the town".  We opted to do the "tour" of Atchison's finest establishments :)  We had SO much fun, especially sending pictures of Kelsey "passed out" to Shelly . . . you're welcome Sheddy!!  We hit up Bill's (aka Willie's), Rosie's, tried to go to the Full Moon, but they were closed, The Milk House, Duck Inn Waddle Out*, Mueller's, & Pauolucci's.

*we are now lifetime members of the Duck, thank you Stephenie for making sure we jumped on THAT opportunity!!

My phone died, so these are the only pics I have of the night . . .

back row: Linda, Jana, Becky, & Kelsey
front row: BDAY GIRLS: Me, Jodi & Sheila
*We're missing Steph, Theresa & Kilee in this pic*


I'm thinking this is at the Duck after we got our memberships!

While we were out on the town, Lauren took the kids to the carnival!!  THANK YOU LAUREN!  I am NOT a fan of carnivals, but the kids love them & Lauren had been asking to watch them so I thought this was a perfect opportunity for both of us.  Lauren sent me this picture.  This was BEFORE they all (Lauren too) felt like they were going to be sick.  Poor kids!


On Friday afternoon we packed up and got OUT OF TOWN!  It was Amelia Earhart Festival weekend & there were going to be people EVERYWHERE.  Normally it would only take us about 15 minutes to get to Mammo & Papa's to enjoy the pool, but since the river has flooded it takes us an hour.  The kids rode over with Cody & Jenn (and Cahtah Bruce) so by the time we got there they were already in the pool.  We swam until Boston invited himself to stay with Carter!  Madi couldn't stand to be left behind so they both went up to St. Joe to stay the night.  The next day we were "too cool by the pool" again until about 9 and then it was time to make the drive back home.  We got back to town in time to see most of the "concert in the sky" fireworks.

**another great Bostonism was said this weekend:  "Carter, you're my brother from another mother"

I think we all had a great weekend, except daddy.  He was working!  Hey, someone's gotta support this family ;)

This week we'll be preparing for vacation with my parents!  We're going to the Wisconsin Dells & the kids couldn't be more excited (I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty pumped too!!)

Here are some things we're looking forward to while we're there . . .





... and this is what grandpa is looking forward to while we're there:




No comments:

Post a Comment