Saturday, July 23, 2011

Space Invaders & Noise Makers!!!

The trip to Wisconsin was going to be close to 9 hours.  That's a whole LOT of "are we there yets" & "mom make him/her quit hitting/looking/touching me!" SOOOO we decided to leave last night & head to Des Moines.  We met Grandma & Grandpa and stayed the night in Des Moines & you would have thought these kids thought we'd made it to our destination!!  They absolutely LOVE staying in hotels.  ALL we did last night was get to the room, get some jammies on, have snacks & go to bed.  Or that's what I (and little miss) wanted to do! Little did I know DJ & Boston wanted to stay up all night chit chatting & watching TV.  I ended up trading spots with Boston so the boys could annoy each other & us girls could get some sleep - too bad they STILL kept me up.  After falling asleep, Madi kept invading my side of the bed.  I'm hoping after a long day today we'll all get some sleep!

The kids at the hotel in Des Moines....




We got on the road with Grandma & Grandpa and headed North!  Madi decided she wanted to ride with Gma & Gpa and Boston would ride with us.  They did REALLY well.  Only when we were in the car & actually getting close did they start asking if we were almost there!  Hopefully the ride home will be just as painless.

We made it to Wisconsin around 4pm & weather channel said it was only 81* but feeling 86* - AMAZING!!  It got a bit hotter, but nothing like the 104* feels like 111* temps we left in Atchison just the day before!!  We went to dinner at Moosejaw Pizza & Brewery, it was pretty tasty!  They gave us these pretty sweet antlers too:



After dinner we decided to hit up the grocery store & then played some 3d golf.  There were some really cool 3d effects, but if you know me, you know, I put the glasses on a time or two, but definitely didn't wear them the whole time.  Just the little amount of time that I had them on was giving me a headache.  I took a lot of pictures, but only a few came out :(





Tomorrow, we're on to the water park & the kids couldn't be more excited!

****

Some Bruce-isms from this week:

While out shopping, I kept waiting for the kids to tell me they were getting hungry, mostly because it was getting late but also because they're always looking for something "better" to do than shop.  Madi asks me "What time is it anyway", I say "almost 8", that was it, that's all it took, "Well, do you think you're EVER going to feed us?"  as if they've been STARVING this whole time & I was ignoring that fact.  I told them we would eat as soon as we were done at that store, but from then on it was "I'm hungry" from both of them until we were at the check out!

Laying in bed the other night, Boston comes in & says, "uh, mom, Mammo broke one of the curtains in my room, it fell down" I said "ok", he just looked at me & said "well, we're gonna need you to come fix it".  Of course, buy the time I got in there Sheila already had it back up.  uhhhh... I'm gonna need you to get your butt in bed ;)

I feel like I'm definitely missing some of the funny things they've said, but there's just so many, I can never keep up!

Night all!

3 comments:

  1. OMG 3D golf? Awesome!! You would get a headache, you can't even look at pictures in the backseat of a stopped car without getting a headache/sick, but I still love ya! How are you posting this stuff? Do you have your laptop or our phones fancier than I know? You need to start writing funny stuff down, I do (sometimes cause who has pen and paper with them all the time? Not me, sheesh I am lucky if I remember to put on the right shoes) but it does help to remember the funny stuff. Hope you guys have a blast on vacay, tell DJ he better bust out those awesome blue swim trunks from Vegas at the waterpark....they won't know what hit them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DUH! Of course I would get a headache! And BTW I was in the FRONT seat of the non-moving car looking at the pictures. HA.

    I have the InkPad app on my phone & I use it when I have my phone handy, but that's not always the case :(

    DJ has been rocking the blue trucks all day long, and yes, people have been super jealous, I can just tell by the looks on their faces. JK.

    I did notice that it's possible to use "mobile blog" but I never had time to read it before we left, so I'm using my mom's laptop.

    ReplyDelete