Monday, July 18, 2011

Monday Monday Nah Nah . . .

Monday came a bit early for one little girl this week!  Madi started basketball camp today.  She has been up by 8 almost everyday this summer, but for some reason today was hard to get her little booty out of bed.  The camp is 8:30-10:00 M-Th this week... she already LOVES it!  This little lady is not short of confidence that's for sure!  She was paying herself compliments the moment we walked out the door.  I got there early enough to watch her finish the last 5-10 minutes of camp today & I have to say, she did look pretty good, but I'm the mom so I'm pretty sure I'd think she was doing excellent anyway ;)


Today was DJ's day "off".  He had to meet our HV/AC guy though this morning to talk about the ever increasing HEAT!  Our AC in Willie's just isn't keeping up with the level of heat that we're getting!!  They decided to install some ceiling fans in hope that it would help the situation... so, off to St. Joe it is for DJ & Boston.  Madi didn't want to go, so she hung out at Willie's until lunch was over & we could go home.  DJ & Boston got the fans & since Boston was SO GOOD (so his dad says) they went to play mini-golf.  Boston tells me he beat daddy.  While they were in St. Joe they picked up my birthday present:



I have been wanting a ceiling fan for our porch to help cool it down AND to help keep the nasty, disgusting, blood sucking mosquitoes off of me!!  I think I got about 20 bites in about 2 days!!  So happy to finally have it, now let's just see if we can get it installed!!

After dinner & of course, America's Got Talent (Madi & Boston are judges, btw) the kids, Sheila & I walked down to Snowball for some ice cream!  mmm mmm good!

As for the rest of the night, I can't wait to get back to reading "The Help" so that I can get started on the other two books I bought yesterday!!  I didn't even know Chelsea Handler had a FOURTH book!  I'm ready to start it now, but I want to finish "The Help" first!  I want to read "The Kid" too, but am afraid it's going to be super depressing.  Maybe I should read it next & then "Lies That Chelsea Told Me", it will be a spirit lifter for sure!!

night!

No comments:

Post a Comment