Thursday, February 2, 2012

Adios 2011

Holy shnizballs!! Has another year gone by us?!  {BTW, I started this blog .... 15+ days ago, oops} {more like 30+ days ago now}


Actually, this is the first year in a long time that it does seem appropriate to say "WHERE HAS THE YEAR GONE?!"  At this time last year I had done so much the last week of the year that this year's Holiday festivities seemed incredibly laid back in comparison.  Last year we had McD's for Christmas Eve dinner while we worked on things at Willie's & Casey's General Store (gas station) pizza for Christmas dinner while we stuffed menu's & hung more Christmas decorations to help hide the fact that all of our woodwork wasn't finished.  Matt, Robbie & I prepped in the kitchen until the wee hours to make sure things were ready for the opening the following day.  I think I left around 1:30 and the boys stayed for QUITE a while after that, then we all showed up by 8am the next day. . . . boy am I glad that's over!!  The next few days just ran together until it was a full week, I don't think any of us even knew one day from the other.  The day before NYE I was driving to Kansas City to pick up my Casey Lee so that she could help work NYE only to find out I was driving too fast to get back & got a ticket!!! I was so exhausted that I didn't even care, it was all about getting back home!

The year has come & gone, and we all survived!!!  Here are some of the Bruce Fam Highlights from 2011, because I know everyone can't live without them!

~january

Little Miss got her adenoids removed!  She was the worst kind of sleeper possible & couldn't eat with her mouth closed.  She always had a hard time breathing while playing sports, but after her surgery, she is a GREAT sleeper and has no problem eating!  Woo Hoo!!

Not a lot else to report - there was a LOT of workin' goin on!

~february

Madi played indoor soccer & for the first time in her soccer career DIDN'T place first! {gasp!}
Boston played bitty basketball at the YMCA in St. Joe with Carter - he absolutely LOVED it!!



Boston turned F.I.V.E. years old!  FIVE!  On his birthday we surprised him with a four-wheeler...




~march

biggest event of the year  . . . . we SOLD our house in Manhattan & moved into our house in Atchison, "Oh, What A Feelin'"



We Finally celebrated Boston's birthday!

Madi & Boston played outdoor soccer and of course Madi's team won 1st - AGAIN ;)  Boston's team, not so much.






~april

Sarah's bachelorette party in Manhattan!





Who wants a mostly all expenses paid vacay to VEGAS with the Hall's?!  This couple does!  Thanks Sysco!

could you ask for a better view??






Sarah & Derek tie the knot



Our Willie's Family!



~may

Brad & Abby tie the knot


one of the funnest nights I've had in Atchison . . . still! 
We're working on a sequel (anniversary party), right Abby?!


Gina visits!!
unfortunately I didn't get any pictures with mama to be!  She was so adorably cute 8 months pregnant & I'm so glad her & Shane came to visit!!  Now.... we just need to make a plan to visit them!


T-ball & Softball start


1st place {again} :)




~june

First trip to Hanover, days of '49.  Let's just say, Hanover didn't disappoint!


This is the Czech band that Sara could NOT stop talking about - they were pretty cool!


Float trip
Annual girls only  float trip in Noel, MO.


"Some of your WORST influences turn out to be your BEST friends!"

WOF
Who doesn't love a trip to Worlds of Fun?  The kids are not scared of ANYTHING!  And while I'm not scared of EVERYTHING, my stomach is.  I didn't used to mind riding all these rides, but now, eh, I'm scared of throwing up afterwards!  Thankfully, they had plenty of people with NO PROBLEMS riding the rides... Cody, Jenn, DJ, Mike, Brandon, JoJo.


this was after their first roller coaster - Spinning Dragons

the Detonator with Uncle Mike

Carter HATED this ride, I had to ask them to stop it!  Madi finished it off by herself.

Fury of the Nile with JoJo

Madi & Boston climbing!!



We had a bit of flooding this summer.  After us living in Rushville with Mammo & Papa it was our turn to return the favor.  Sheila moved in with us during the week & went home on the weekends.  The normal 10-15 minute drive now took an hour since the highway was flooded over.  We took a picture in front of the same tree over the course of June, we could have gotten a few more pictures except there was no room to take them.


06.09.11

06.14.11

06.21.11

06.22.11

06.23.11

06.28.11


I started blogging in July, and since this is the beginning of February already, I've decided NOT to finish the rest of my 2011 update.  Maybe next year I'll get a jump on this whole thing {knowing me, probably not}

No comments:

Post a Comment