Thursday, February 16, 2012

Boston gets PISSED!!

Boston woke up with a stomach ache this morning. He's not much of a morning person, so I was a little leery about this stomach issue... off to the shower for him. After the shower he still insisted about his stomach, even after I told him he would miss his soccer game he said he was SICK! After Madi & DJ left he threw up in my bed. Sheets are stripped & washed, we watch a movie in his room then take a nap. After we wake up, he's hungry and feeling SO much better. We call DJ to see if he wants to go to "shubway" with us. At lunch he informs us that he is sure he is well enough to play in his soccer game tonight. Just by looking at him you can tell him he is not well but game time was still hours away so nothing to get all worked up about. By the end of lunch DJ & I agreed that he shouldn't play

As we were getting ready to leave the house to take Madi to dance a major meltdown occurred! Whoa, I did not see that coming. Serious meltdown, couldn't, wouldn't get shoes on "until you tell me I can go to my game". Excuse me?! Some threats of no basketball on Saturday were made and shoes were put on. The whole way to dance (all of 2 minutes, but trust me it seemed like longer) he continued to ask about going to his game, FINALLY, brilliant me quit arguing with him...Why did it take me this long to say "listen, there's nothing to discuss, your dad & I already talked about it & you're not playing tonight, this is not a punishment, but a way to help you get healthy so you can play in your basketball game on Saturday & in your soccer game next week."

On the way home from dropping Madi off we see Rick & Sheila at O'Reilly's, so I pulled in so Boston could say hi, he wouldn't speak except to say "I feel fine & I want to play in my game" Sheila told him he didn't look like he felt good, but he just wasn't hearing it. He wouldn't tell them goodbye or anything. We left & came home, walked in the door & the pleading began again, this time with some serious looks on his part.  I think he was trying to kill me with his eyes ;)  I had to walk behind him so he couldn't see me almost burst out in laughter at the looks on his face.  I pointed him to the stairs and told him he was to go to time-out until he could pull himself together.  He came out of his room telling me he really thought he could have played his game and I told him we were not going to discuss it anymore tonight, he finally dropped it.  After we picked Madi up from dance we came home and were hanging out while she did her homework and I looked at him and said, "buddy how are you feeling?", he said "OK".  I asked him "now that your game is over & there is no chance we can make it, do you think you should have played or do you think it was better that you stayed home to get a chance to feel better?" his answer "I don't know" he said it all soft like he knew the answer but didn't want to talk about it.  He was over being pissed and loved mommy again.  All was right in his world again apparently.

So glad that's over!  Now let's hope he doesn't get sick next week & have to miss another game, I'm not sure I could go through this again - or maybe I should just let him play and get sick all over the court?!  OK, maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment