Sunday, February 19, 2012

Balentime's Day

or should I say week?!  Our Valentine's festivities started on the 10th because that is when the school parties were.  Madi & Boston made BEAUTIFUL cards for everyone in their classes (with a lot of help from our friend Becky).  Everyone in Boston's class thought his Valentine's were "dino"mite!  Madi's class on the other hand probably wasn't too impressed with her STORE BOUGHT cards because she lost all of the cards she made.  No idea where they are, I'm sure we'll find them in a couple weeks!  Go figure.


My little Prince Charming

Rockin' it on Valentine's Day

Tuesday came and the kids woke up to donuts and a few Valentine surprises.  They both got a chocolate basketball heart and a paddle ball game.  Boston got some new baseball cards (no Red Sox players - waaah) and Madi got some mint chocolate chip gum (she LOVES mint chocolate chip ice cream!!).  Nothing crazy, just a couple small items to say HAPPY HEART DAY!

DJ surprised me with a dozen chocolate covered strawberries from Snowball {YUM!!} and this ring:


It is something I've wanted for a while, but just told him about around Christmas - Madi's birthstone is the sapphire.  There is another ring on it's way with amethyst stones, which is DJ & Boston's birthstone.  I was really surprised & can't wait to get the other ring so I can wear them together!

Because the way to a man's heart is through his stomach I brought DJ a burrito for breakfast from Sonic.  Don't be jealous of my thoughtfulness ;)  DJ had to work Valentine's day so I made plans to take him for sushi on Thursday night.  We went to Kato in North Kansas City and tried quite a few different things.  I'm not a huge fish fan so this was all about him, he picked and everything we got was good!  We came back to town, met some friends at Rosie's and had a great time laughing it up while DJ reminisced with an old "friend".

No comments:

Post a Comment